Sometimes you need to open multiple layers for your GIS project. In QGIS, you can select multiple layers at once and open them. This saves a lot of time. Here’s how to do it. I will show you how to open multiple vector layers, but the method will work for any type of layer.
- Click ‘Layers → Add a Vector Layer’.
- Click ‘Browse’
- Navigate to the files you wish to open and select the first file by clicking on it.
- Hold the ‘Shift’ key and click on the last file. All the files between the first and the last file will be selected. You can also hold the ‘Ctrl’ key to select multiple files which are not continuous. Now you have made your selection for multiple layers. Click ‘Open’
- Click ‘Open’ again in the next dialog.
- You will see all your selected layers opened in QGIS.